*serves 4 people
1 cup double cream (or a tin of coconut milk)
1 clove garlic, finely sliced
1 small red chilli, finely sliced (optional)
1kg (2lb) sweet potato, scrubbed
150g (5oz) crunchy peanut butter
3 tbsp red Thai curry paste
lime wedges for serving
1. Preheat your oven to 180C (350F).
2. Mix cream (or coconut milk), garlic and chilli, if using,red thai curry paste and peanut butter in a large bowl. Season. Finely slice sweet potato.
3. Toss sweet potato slices in the cream mixture. Layer the sweet potato slices over the base of an oven proof dish.
4. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
5. Remove the foil and bake for another 20-30 minutes or until the sweet potato is tender and browned on top. Allow to cool a little before serving.