2 egg yolks
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
2 Tbsp. dark rum or milk (child friendly version)
3/4 cup butter
198g digestive biscuits
chopped cherries or dried fruit
chopped nuts or pistachios
1. Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until foamy.
2. Melt the butter being careful not to cook it.
3. Add the butter to the egg mixture and combine well using an electric hand blender. Slowly add the cocoa and the liquor until well incorporated.
4. Break the biscuits in little pieces using a rolling pin or a bottle.
5. Stir the biscuits , cherries, marshmallows and nuts into the cream mixture using a wooden spoon until perfectly mixed.
6. Place the mixture over a piece of tinfoil and shape it like a salami.
7. Wrap it on both sides and refrigerate until hard. Present it on a wooden board and slice it just as you would with salami.